[Samba] Best Practices for rookie

Fortin, Kelly Kelly.Fortin at spirentcom.com
Wed Jun 15 21:36:27 GMT 2005

I am interested in setting up Samba file services for our location and I am
looking to find a "Best Practices" approach and configuration for use with
an Active Directory controller.  I have had some luck in setup Samba with
local accounts, but Linux will be used increasingly in the months to come
and I would like to build a file server that will validate file system
access against AD domain groups.

I am familiar with Samba, but not so familiar with Kerberos and winbind.  I
have read through some Samba documentation and found some valuable
information, but I feel like I am missing a few pieces to my puzzle.  What
is the process for setting up this service?  Are there some sample configs
out there?

Thanks
Kelly