[Samba] ldapsam, Sun JES Directory Server, Solaris 9

Jason Signalness jason at btiadmin.net
Wed Jun 15 14:32:06 GMT 2005

Tony,

That's what I needed to know!  The OpenLDAP libraries and headers must
be present.  The Solaris libraries will not work.  And when one compiles
Samba on Solaris with LDAP support, one must make sure that the OpenLDAP
libraries and headers are found by the compiler before the Solaris ones
are found.

Here's how I solved my problems:

1) Build OpenLDAP client and libraries.  I didn't need slapd, so I
didn't build it.

./configure --prefix=/opt/btifs/openldap --enable-slapd=no
make depend
make
make install

2) Set up environment and build Samba

export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/btifs/openldap/include"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/btifs/openldap/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
./configure --prefix=/opt/btifs/samba --with-ldapsam
make
make install

Before, I thought that the Solaris LDAP libraries and header files would
work.  They will not.

I'm up and running.

Thanks for the help!
-Jason