[Samba] when working with "admin users =" "inherit owner" does not work anymore

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Wed Jun 15 10:15:41 GMT 2005

Michael Gasch a écrit :

>> This parameter will be added since samba 3.0.15pre2.
>> inherit owner parameter not exist in 3.0.14a and above.
>
> hi & thx for your reply!
>
> damn!
>
> i totally mistyped my subject line!
>
> what i meant is when working with "admin users =" "force user =" does
> not work anymore...i feel sorry if i confused you
>
> can you reproduce this?
> will inherit owner fix that?

Hi,

The inherit owner is a parameter with specify that if a admin users put
a file on a share, the owner of the file is the owner of parent's
directory and not the admin users.

Note : for my home share, I am in the same case as you, if I put a file
in a home directory, I must make a chown to the new file.

--
Stéphane Purnelle <stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be>
Site Web : http://www.linuxplusvalue.be