[Samba] ldapsam, Sun JES Directory Server, Solaris 9

Jason Signalness jason at btiadmin.net
Tue Jun 14 20:57:30 GMT 2005

Geert Stappers wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 02:11:40PM -0500, Jason Signalness wrote:
> <snip/>
>

>>smbd still dies immediately with the errors:
>>
>> smbd version 3.0.14a started.
>> Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2004
>>[2005/06/14 14:01:58, 0] passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_methods_name(721)
>> No builtin nor plugin backend for ldapsam found
>>

>Has your samba LDAP support compiled in?

I have done a bit more investigating.  It doesn't appear LDAP support is
compiling properly, though I don't know why.  I noticed this in the
output of "configure --prefix=/opt/btifs/samba --with-ldapsam":

. . .
checking for LDAP support... auto
checking ldap.h usability... yes
checking ldap.h presence... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking lber.h usability... yes
checking lber.h presence... yes
checking for lber.h... yes
checking for ber_scanf in -llber... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... yes
checking for ldap_domain2hostlist... no
checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc... yes
checking whether ldap_set_rebind_proc takes 3 arguments... 3
checking for ldap_initialize... no
configure: WARNING: libldap is needed for LDAP support
. . .

The files /usr/lib/libldap.so and /usr/include/ldap.h ARE PRESENT and
/usr/lib is in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  These are not the libraries/headers
from OpenLDAP, but rather from Solaris.  Is this a problem?

Also, a truss on an execution of the resulting smbd indicates that smbd
is looking for /opt/btifs/samba/lib/pdb/ldapsam.so, which is NOT there.

Thanks,
-Jason