[Samba] Missing files on Windows client side.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 14 20:10:48 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:54:44PM +0200, joop.martens at lekkerland.nl wrote:

> In a directory with approximately 6000 files, several files are missing on
> the Windows side.
> If I check the directory on Unix (AIX) they are all there.
>
> As far as I can see there's nothing strange with this files en I can't see
> any connection between the missing files.
> It looks like it's randomly.
>
> A few examples of missing files:
>
> FAKTREF.10062005.16 (See debug information)
> cum1406.csv
>
> The only thing that I can see in the debug is the following line near each
> missing file:
>
> get_lanman2_dir_entry: out of space

Ok, I've tried to recreate this on a Linux system with 10,000 files
in a directory and cannot. I explicitly set debug level and ensured
there were many :

get_lanman2_dir_entry: out of space

messages in the log. This means there isn't a problem with this code
path as such, but may be a problem with an AIX specific implementation.

The new large directory code depends on opendir/telldir/readdir/rewinddir
all working correctly - I'm slightly worried in that your log contains
the message :

get_lanman2_dir_entry:readdir on dirptr 0x20044568 now at offset 0

Offset zero usually means the start of the directory - the offset hasn't
yet been initialized. Getting this near a "get_lanman2_dir_entry: out of space"
looks like something may be wrong in the directory code under AIX.

Can you try and reproduce this on a non-AIX system.

Jeremy.