[Samba] ldapsam, Sun JES Directory Server, Solaris 9

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jun 14 17:58:21 GMT 2005

tir, 14.06.2005 kl. 17.47 skrev Jason Signalness:

> Help!!  I'm struggling with ldapsam.
>
> I'm trying to configure Samba to use our LDAP directory (Sun's directory
> server) for the storage of Samba user accounts.  It already stores our
> unix system accounts.  I have successfully imported the schema file into
> our directory server and have compiled samba with the
> "--prefix=/opt/btifs/samba --with-ldapsam" options.  I did not notice
> any errors during compile.
>
> When I go to start Samba (smbd -D), the daemon dies quickly and this
> error is written to the log:
>
>   smbd version 3.0.14a started.
>   Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2004
> [2005/06/14 09:09:02, 0] passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_methods_name(721)
>   No builtin nor plugin backend for ldapsam_compat found
> [2005/06/14 09:09:02, 1] passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_context_list(825)
>
> Here is my smb.conf file:
>
> [global]
>         workgroup = BTIWG1
>         netbios name = FS1V
>         encrypt passwords = Yes
>         allow trusted domains = No
>         log level = 1
>         guest account = nobody
>         map to guest = Bad User
> #       passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ce.btinet.net
> #       ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager
> #       ldap suffix = ou=People,o=tildebob.com,o=usergroups

Why did you comment out all the stuff you need?

Even if you hadn't, your ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager wouldn't
work, it's not qualified with the rest of the suffix.

Also, the ldap suffix is probably wrong. In fact, your whole DIT is
probably incorrectly implemented :(

You'd also be missing the machine, group and user suffixes, unless
they're under the ldap suffix.

--Tonni

--

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl