[Samba] Samba w/ ADS support

Mattier, Ricardo Ricardo.Mattier at windriver.com
Tue Jun 14 14:42:59 GMT 2005

Hello,
    I am currently trying to install Samba w/ ADS support on a series of
Solaris 9 & 10 machines.  I have tried compiling samba3, but some reason
it will not compile with ADS support.  I have compiled MIT krb5 and
openldap previous to compiling Samba.  I compiled openldap and installed
it into /usr/local/openldap.  Kerberos was compiled and installed into
/usr/local/kerberos5.  When compiling samba3 I used the follow
configure:
        ./configure --with-pam --with-winbind --with-ads
--with-krb5=/usr/local/kerberos5 --with-ldap=/usr/local/openldap.  It
doesn't seem to work.  The message I get back when compiling samba is:
        checking for ldap_initialize... no
        configure: WARNING: libldap is needed for LDAP support
        checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... yes
        configure: error: Active Directory Support requires LDAP support

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Rick Mattier
Systems Analyst II
Wind River Systems