[Samba] Samba on Solaris doesn't recognize new printer until restarting

Francisco Cano Entrena pacocano at ugr.es
Tue Jun 14 10:22:09 GMT 2005

Hello!

We have a Solaris server (SunOs 5.8) with Samba 3.0.10.
When I add a printer to the system, Samba doesn't recognize until I restart
it. The relevant lines of my smb.conf are:

[global]
        workgroup = ADMINISTRACION
        netbios name = HATOR
        server string = Servidor de Administracion (Samba %v)
        interfaces = ce1
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        printcap name = lpstat
        print command = /usr/bin/lp -c -d %p %s; rm %s
        lpq command =  /usr/bin/lpstat -o %p
        lprm command = /usr/bin/cancel %j %p
        lppause command = /usr/bin/lp -i %p-%j -H hold
        lpresume command = /usr/bin/lp -i %p-%j -H resume
        queuepause command = /usr/bin/disable %p
        printing = sysv

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/lp/samba