[Samba] File owner / group

Fabio Muzzi liste at kurgan.org
Tue Jun 14 09:21:32 GMT 2005

Hello ljerem,

Monday, June 13, 2005, 6:34:03 PM, you wrote:

lfua> The problem is that, for example, when I create a file (or modify it with
lfua> Word or Exel) in the Finances subdirectory, the file has my primary group
lfua> as GID (Technology, in this case).
lfua> What I need to do is to force Samba to create files with a specific GID
lfua> for each of those subdirectories.

You  should  set  the  SGID  bit  on the directory, and make the directory
owned  by  the  right  group  (Finances).  This should make Linux (and not
Samba)  create  the  files under the Finances directory owned by the group
Finances  and  not  your  primary group as it does now. This works without
ACLs, I don't know if it works with ACLs.

--

  Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi