[Samba] Re: Problems with Samba and Windows 2003 ActiveDomainServer

Mark A. Holm markh at infoarch.com
Tue Jun 14 07:43:46 GMT 2005

Not getting enough cycles to actually work on this, so I have to apologize for the slow turn. On the larger client I had every
intention of setting up an internal YUM or Apt server for doing the updates from approved and tested packages. I have also found in
most cases that the packaged binaries usually had almost everything compiled in, with the exception of Amanda. As you said though,
they are always a bit behind the curve.

I tried your suggestion of getting the latest RPM from samba.org for Fedora and it doesn't change the behavior any. There has got to
be something else in this setup that is still wrong. I just can't find it. It's got to be something simple, as everything works
except the last step, and it partially works for the groups. Is there something that needs to be changed on the windows server side
regarding permissions or domain settings? Is there an LDAP component that needs to be configured? I keep seeing references to the
LDAP components of Samba, but no steps for configuration needed on the client/member server.

	markh