[Samba] Samba + LDAP NSS resolving

linuxlady linuxlady2714 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 01:58:31 GMT 2005

I'm using the howto from idealx and the samba-guide to configure a
samba server with LDAP backend.

The config works fine until I get to the step:

getent passwd | grep root

It doesn't query any of the LDAP entries that were added with
smbldap-populate or smbldap-useradd - it only returns local entries.

I've checked the nsswitch.conf, ldap.conf, smbldap.conf, log files.

I can query the ldap database directly and see the entries.

What could be the problem?  What else can I check?

I'm using SuSE 9.3,  Samba 3.0.13-1.1, openLDAP 2.2.23-6, smbldap-tools-0.9.1

Thanks,

Yasee