[Samba] recycle with debian-package of sambe 3.0.10

Fabio Muzzi liste at kurgan.org
Mon Jun 13 12:53:14 GMT 2005

Hello Stephan,

Monday, June 13, 2005, 12:58:54 PM, you wrote:

SH> I am struggeling around with the permissions of the recycle-vfs-module.
SH> While working mostly good( placing deleted files inside the .recycle-
SH> folder), the touch-option does not work.

I am experiencing the same problem. The recycle vfs module is quite buggy,
IMHO.

The  touch  option  does  not  seem  to  work, and also recycle needs some
adjustments  to  the  way  it  manages  permissions,  becuse by default it
creates  files and the .recycle directory itself with a permission of 0600
(or  0700)  which is absolutely wrong when working on a share that's used
by a group of users and not a single one.

Still  it seems that the recycle VSF module is of quite no interest, since
these long standing bug have never been taken into account. Since I am not
so good at C programming, I can't fix them myself, so I'm just waiting for
someone to fix it.

You  should  also  check  on  bugzilla.samba.org  by  searching  the  term
"recycle". There are some patches that where never (AFAIK) integrated into
mainstream sources.

--

  Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi