[Samba] A suggestion for the documentation

Fabio Muzzi liste at kurgan.org
Mon Jun 13 08:16:27 GMT 2005

I  have  read (I suppose) all of the documentation about Samba, but I have
not found a detailed description of the contents of the various tdb files.
It   should   be  useful  to  know what information goes in each file, and
eventually which file can be safely deleted and rebuilt.

For example, I have discovered by myself that group mapping could be reset
and  re-done  by simply deleting the appropriate tdb file, but still I was
not  sure  if  this  could  lead  to hidden issues before I have read John
Terpstra's mail on this list suggesting to delete the tdb file and then to
re-run the group mapping script.

--

  Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi