[Samba] "conversion error" and NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE - more info

Wolfgang Wegner ww at schwein.E-Technik.Uni-Dortmund.DE
Mon Jun 13 07:22:48 GMT 2005

Hi again,

as I am finally back working on the problem, I add the smb.conf in
the hope somebody can see what I am doing wrong.

Samba Version is 3.0.14a from Debian Sarge.

Attached is my smb.conf - there may be some unnecessary things in
it meanwhile due to too much trying, but anyways.

Meanwhile there are some more clients that have problems with
password authentication. One thing I noticed is that in all of
these cases, PAM is mentioned in the log files (as can be seen
in the excerpt I sent with the original mail), which is not the
case for the "working" client logs.

Please, any hint is welcome, else it seems I have to find a samba
2.0.x package for Debian Sarge and go back...

Regards,
Wolfgang