[Samba] [Homes] on two machines, possible?

Michael Joyner mjoyner at vbservices.net
Sun Jun 12 18:58:55 GMT 2005

One possiblity is to run a local dns server in location 'B'
hijack the one entry for the home server on that DNS and have
the ip# point to server 'B' instead of server 'A'
Just make sure your home directory path+server in smb.conf
is set to a hostname that requires DNS resolving and does not
use WINS or BROADCAST.

NOTE: This will only work for W2K and XP and W2K3 I believe.