[Samba] Samba share query

James Briar james.briar at merton.gov.uk
Sun Jun 12 18:19:30 GMT 2005

Hello,
I've coded the following in our smb.conf file (security = share coded in the
[global] section) and this works fine where users can access the share
without a password :-

[ts]

        comment = Tech support directory

        path = /information

        guest only = Yes

        guest ok = Yes

        guest account = nobody

        writable = no

        browsable = no

Is it possible somehow to restrict access to this share to say three users
only (say tom, dick and harry) but still allowing the three users to logon
without a password being prompted for? The above share works fine but i
don't want everyone to access it,  say just three certain users.

I'm running Samba versions  3.0.14a and 2.0.5.a  both on Sun Solaris8 Unix
systems.

Thanks.

the system manager.
Postmaster at merton.gov.uk