[Samba] "id" and "id username" don't match up when using Winbind groups

Graeme Humphries graeme.humphries at vcom.com
Fri Jun 10 18:00:29 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 12:54 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Try this as root:  wbinfo -a 'domain\user%pw'
> (filling in the approriate username and password.
> Then su - 'domain\username' and run id.

I'm using '+' as a delimiter, but in any case:

# wbinfo -a 'DOMAIN+graemehu%password'
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded
root at oberon:~ # su - 'DOMAIN+graemehu'
graemehu at oberon:~$ id
uid=10670(graemehu) gid=10047(maingroup)
groups=10011(the_group_that_never_showed_up)

Yay! And, connecting to the share controlled by that group, I can now
get into it! HOORAY!

So, my next question is, how do I force this to happen on a global level
for all users, say, every 5 minutes. ;)

Graeme