[Samba] samba configure not working

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Jun 10 14:07:29 GMT 2005

>     I'm having an issue compiling samba with-ads enabled.  I've
> successfully compiled kerberosV5 and Openldap.  I can the following line
> when compiling Samba ./configure --with-pam --with-ads
> --with-ldap=/usr/local/openldap --with-winbind --with-krb5
> The configure fails due to not having ldap support.  Any ideas?

With the limited info you've given, you may not be finding the libraries.
On various versions of solaris, I've had to use any or all of these:

export FLAGS=-I/opt/openldap/include
export CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/openldap/include
export LDFLAGS=-L/opt/openldap/lib
export CFLAGS="-I/opt/openldap/include"

YMMV of course.  If you could provide a little more info you may get a bit
more information back. I could see the following being relevant:

- your OS type and version - there may be a dynamic linker we could
configure.
- a chunk of the ./configure before the failure
- the output of env (or the equivalent for your shell)
- some info about your openldap and krb installs, ./configure lines would
probably do nicely