[Samba] eclipse workspace corrupt after roaming

Rainer Traut tr.ml at gmx.de
Fri Jun 10 13:32:52 GMT 2005

Hi,

here ist the profile part of my smb.conf, it's samba 3.0.14a on Redhat EL4:

[Profiles]
         comment = Roaming profiles share
         path = /shares/profiles
         writeable = yes
         create mask = 0700
         directory mask = 0770
         browsable = no
         valid users = @users root
         force user = %U
         profile acls = yes
         hide dot files = no
         csc policy = disable

I am testing an eclipse workspace on XP SP2 but the workspace seems to
be corrupt after roaming. I looked at file rights but everything seems
ok. (The .metadata dir ist writable)

Here is the part of the eclipse logfile:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2005-06-10 15:17:23.655
!MESSAGE The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\Dokumente
und Einstellungen\tr.DOM\workspace\.metadata.  By default the platform
writes its content
under the current working directory when the platform is launched.  Use
the -data parameter to
specify a different content area for the platform.
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be
written: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\tr.DOM\workspace\.metadata.  By
default the platform writes its content
under the current working directory when the platform is launched.  Use
the -data parameter to
specify a different content area for the platform.

I added "hide dot files = no" to get the directories with the beginning
. _not_ hidden but it does not work. I cannot see any difference in
file/folder permission before/after roaming.

Anybody seen this?
Thanks
Rainer