[Samba] change windows ADS passwords from linux box

Stefanos Karasavvidis sk at isc.tuc.gr
Fri Jun 10 09:40:50 GMT 2005

thanks Giuseppe, but I can't do that because I do not install separate
kerberos implementation (I use the samba packages from sernet, which
have kerberos statically built). So I do not have this utility, and I do
not want to install it.

I was hoping that there is something "built in" in samba that can do that

Anyway, thanks again

giuseppe59 wrote:

 > Stefanos Karasavvidis wrote:
 >
 >  > both the username and the password are provided from a windows
Active Directory Server. They are not stored anywhere locally
 >  >

 > Hello Stefanos
 >
 > I change the password using ktpasswd from the linux box.
 > I havo no tested net ads passwdord.
 >
 > Giuseppe

Stefanos Karasavvidis
Electronic & Computer Engineer, M.Eng.
e-mail : sk at isc.tuc.gr

Technical University of Crete, Campus
Information Systems Center
Address: Akrotiri, Chania, 73100
Tel.: (+30) 28210 37352, 37355 (central), 37766 (ENV.ENG. buildings)
Fax:  (+30) 28210 37571