[Samba] change windows ADS passwords from linux box

Stefanos Karasavvidis sk at isc.tuc.gr
Fri Jun 10 09:20:05 GMT 2005

giuseppe59 wrote:

 > Stefanos Karasavvidis wrote:
 >
 >> I have samba clients authenticating to Windows ADS through winbind.
 >>
 >> All works perfectly, but I don't how to enable my linux users to
change their password (on the windows machine) from the linux box.

 > Password ? it is the ads password to logon on PDC ?

both the username and the password are provided from a windows Active
Directory Server. They are not stored anywhere locally

Stefanos Karasavvidis
Electronic & Computer Engineer, M.Eng.
e-mail : sk at isc.tuc.gr

Technical University of Crete, Campus
Information Systems Center
Address: Akrotiri, Chania, 73100
Tel.: (+30) 28210 37352, 37355 (central), 37766 (ENV.ENG. buildings)
Fax:  (+30) 28210 37571