[Samba] W2K printer problem

Joe Cipale joec at aracnet.com
Fri Jun 10 04:32:35 GMT 2005

I am getting the following prblem from my Winblows printer.

Using the CUPS printer Config tool, the printer can be setup as a
smb://host_name/printer

When I attempt to send a test page, I get the following message:
Location: royal
Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
"Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds...ERROR:
Connection failed with error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED"
Device URI: smb://royal/lsj

I have the printer setup to accept sharing on the WIndows host(royal),
I have the permissions set to allow everyone to print/manage
printers/print jobs

This is a small, 3 workstation network at home. Nothing fancy. This is
the one
item that CONTINUES to drive me up the g**damn wall (printing to windows...)

A wee bit of help, please?

Joe