[Samba] How do I get a literal '%' in smb.conf

Michael J. Wetmore MJW at peirce.com
Wed Jun 8 15:25:53 GMT 2005

 %prt -> rt (%p expands to nothing because whatever it is supposed to go to is empty on this system)
 %%prt -> %%prt (extra % must suppress expansion)
 %%pprt -> %%pprt (see above - if expansion was not suppressed this should work in my case, with %p empty)

Conclusions:
(1)It looks like %% is supposed to work, expansion is supressed but one of the '%' should be dropped.
(2)Version 2.2.0 of samba does not allow a symlink in a path statement of a share - earlier versions did.

If (1) is a bug, has it been fixed in later versions?