Fwd: [Samba] Cross-subnet browsing and VPN

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Wed Jun 8 13:49:26 GMT 2005

I as sending this again in the hopes that someone will respond.  Surely I am
not the only one with this setup.

Thanks,
Misty

Subject: [Samba] Cross-subnet browsing and VPN
Date: Monday 06 June 2005 09:54 am
From: Misty Stanley-Jones <misty at borkholder.com>
To: samba at lists.samba.org

We have two subnets which both belong to the domain CORP, and anothen domain
in its own subnet called DV.  The two networks are connected via a VPN
connection between the gateways.  The routing all works.  However I am having
trouble with a member server trying to become the master browser despite its
lower OS level, and the DV and CORP domains cannot see each other even though
their trusts seem intact.  Some settings are below.

CORP:
CORPSRV (192.168.1.101)
wins support = yes
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes
remote announce = 192.168.2.255 192.168.4.255
remote browse sync = 192.168.2.255   192.168.4.255
name resolve order = wins bcast host

FURNSRV (192.168.2.3)
        wins server = 192.168.1.101
        wins support = no
        wins proxy = no
        dns proxy = no
        local master = yes
        domain master = no
        preferred master = no
        remote browse sync = 192.168.1.255 192.168.4.255
        name resolve order = wins bcast lmhosts host

DV:
DUTCHSRV (192.168.4.1)
preferred master = yes
local master = yes
domain master = yes
wins support = yes
remote announce = 192.168.1.101
remote browse sync = 192.168.1.101
name resolve order = wins bcast host
dns proxy = yes

I also noticed that on DUTCHSRV onsy one nmbd is running.  Shouldn't there be
two?

Misty