[Samba] Kerberos requirements for Samba and AD Membership

Andy Pierce foomonkey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:48:40 GMT 2005

Hello. I currently have Samba running on AIX and joined to an NT4
domain. I need to change this membership to new Active Directory
domain. Yes, it is running in Native Mode. I understand that Kerberos
is *the* requirement to make this work. Are there any special Kerberos
versions, configuration options, etc. that are required?

The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide (Terpstra and Vernooij)
says on page 75 in the Samba ADS Domain Membership section, "A
familiarity with Kerberos is assumed." That's fine but, since I am not
the sysadmin, I need to learn these requirements and communicate them
to him.

The only requirement I have is that our AIX system joins the AD as a
client. I am NOT trying to configure Samba as a DC or anything like
that.

Thanks a million!

Andrew