[Samba] Winbind user primary group

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at videotron.ca
Wed Jun 8 13:34:05 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am using winbind with nsswitch to resolve user and group information
from an AD.  I was under the impression that the "template primary
group" directive would set the primary group of winbind users coming
from the AD, but after rereading smb.conf(5) man page, I can see that
this directive apply only to local accounts (that is, those that exist
only in winbind and not in the AD).

My problem is that I would like to set winbind user's primary group to a
specific group from the local /etc/group.  Is this possible at all ?
Otherwise, any alternative to tweak winbind user's group membership ?

Running samba-3.0.10-1.4E on RHEL 4.

Thanks !

Etienne Goyer