[Samba] winbind problem

Robert Penz robert.penz at outertech.com
Wed Jun 8 08:53:24 GMT 2005

Matt Schwartz writes:

> I am guessing, but it might be that the SID has changed and this might be
> the cause of your problem.  What you might do, is try re-joining your SUSE
> box to the smb domain.

thx for the hint.

tried it but I got following. did also again via yast, same error message.
it worked some time ago and the windows clients also don't have any problem.

# net join
root's password:
[2005/06/08 09:44:34, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(186)
 ads_connect: Transport endpoint is not connected
Joined domain HITT.

if I provide an wrong passwort I get - so he must connect to server in some
way.

# net join
root's password:
[2005/06/08 09:44:27, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(186)
 ads_connect: Transport endpoint is not connected
Could not connect to server HADES
The username or password was not correct.