[Samba] Re: Problems with testing Openldapserver telnet localhost 389

Andreas Bauer andreas_bauer at arcor.de
Wed Jun 8 01:40:27 GMT 2005

Hello!

The slapdlogs and slapd is running now. Telnet localhost 389 is also
running. Thanks vey much.
Now, my next problems are with ldapadd:

amd:/etc/samba # /usr/bin/ldapadd -h 127.0.0.1 -D
"cn=admin,dc=samba,dc=junits" -x -W -f /etc/openldap/example.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

I took the rootpw secret. I did an account for admin, too with: smbpasswd -w
<secret>. I created also an rootpw with slappasswd.

Have I also to create an admin account in passwd? After googlen, there must
be a syntax error(ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49))?

I created a simple example.ldif file:

dn: dc=samba,dc=junits
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: Example Company
dc: samba

dn: cn=admin,dc=samba,dc=junits
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: admin

slapd.conf:

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=samba,dc=junits"
rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=samba,dc=junits"
rootpw            secret
directory       /var/lib/ldap
cachesize       40000
dbcache         60000000
index           cn,sn,uid,displayName           pres,sub,eq
index           uidNumber,gidNumber             eq
index           sambaSID                        eq
index           sambaPrimaryGroupSID            eq
index           sambaDomainName                 eq
index           objectClass                     pres,eq
index           default                         sub
access to dn.subtree="dc=samba,dc=junits" attrs=cn
                 by * =cs break

Many thanks and best regards

Andreas