[Samba] Samba BDC for Backup

Hiu Yen Onn yohiu at shinyang.com.my
Wed Jun 8 00:23:12 GMT 2005

Hiu Yen Onn wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have no experience in configure any of the BDC before. just curious
> to ask, if i have configured a BDC, then if any fail down of my PDC,
> does BDC will take turn automatically??? stupid question.... but, i
> didnt know it... sorry....

another question

1. I have a master ldap tree for my PDC, likewise my BDC also having a
slave ldap tree, do i need to replicate the master ldap to the slave ldap?

2. How about the sid number??? does PDC sid have to be similar to the
BDC sid??? what is sid? what does is working for??? dun understand...
pls enlighten.. thanks..