[Samba] DNS Registration

M Maki mmaki at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 7 21:40:48 GMT 2005

I have a few Samba 3.0.14a servers nicely running with ADS security and
winbind on Debian Sarge. The one problem I seem to have is their DNS
registration with our WIN2K3 name servers that I have no access to. I
see that most WIN2K/XP/03 register automatically (DDNS) or manually with
the command ipconfig /registerdns. I can probably ask for records to be
manually entered but I thought I would ask this list if there is
something I can do or am missing to get them registered like the
WIN2K/XP/03 machines register themselves.

Thanks,

Mike