[Samba] Samba BDC for Backup

Mark Sarria marksarria at socal.rr.com
Tue Jun 7 05:07:03 GMT 2005

Short Answer:
If you are using samba and storing user accounts on samba then no, you will
need to rsync your home folders to the backup and do a few modifications on
the BDC to make it the PDC.

Your best bet to accomplish a failover for domain authentication is to
set-up an LDAP master server, and then create slave-servers for fail over.
Advantages are that you can have many slave servers through out your
network.If your master fails the clients will search for the nearest slave
server to authenticate

--mark