[Samba] Configuring Samba with LDAP

Mattier, Ricardo Ricardo.Mattier at windriver.com
Mon Jun 6 19:19:29 GMT 2005

Hello,
    I'm having problems configuring Samba to work using ADS.  I've
successfully compiled LDAP. When I try ./configure --with-pam
--with-winbind --with-ads --with-krb5 --with-ldap  It says "Active
Directory support requires LDAP support"  Are there any variables that
need to be set?  I've done --with-ldap=/usr/local/openldap (This the
prefix for openldap).  I'm installing this on a Solaris 9 machine.  Has
anyone been successful with
this, and if so, please let me know what you had to do.  Thanks in
Advance!!
Rick Mattier
Systems Analyst II
Windriver Systems