[Samba] Problem building samba on Solaris 9 --with-pam

Robert M. Martel bob at urban.csuohio.edu
Mon Jun 6 18:48:00 GMT 2005

Greetings,

I've been going over mailing list archives and searching the web but all
I've been able to turn up are people with similar problems, but not
solutions.

I am trying to build Samba 3.0.15pre2 on a Solaris 9 box with Active
Directory support.  (i have built and have working such a set-up under
SuSE 9.2 already)

Oiginally I ran configure without the "--with-pam" switch, but then I'd
not get pam_windbind.so that I needed to allow Active Directory users to
log onto the Solaris host.

So my configure looks like:

./configure --prefix=/opt/local/samba --with-automount --with-profile
--with-acl-support --with-utmp --with-winbind --with-ads --with-ldap
--with-krb5=/opt/local/kerberos5 --with-pam

But actually making samba ends with:

Compiling nsswitch/pam_winbind.c with -fPIC
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `converse':
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:71: warning: passing arg 3 of `pam_get_item' from
incompatible pointer type
make: *** [nsswitch/pam_winbind.po] Error 1

The config.log file tells me that "_pam_macros.h" is not found.  I've
seen other people asking about this missing file on Solaris, but not
found any report of a fix or work-around.  With the number of people
that report using Samba+Solaris+Active Directory there must be
*something* I am missing.

If it was in Mr. Terpstra's (Excellent!) documentation I missed it, I've
also looked at http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9427/sam0414e/0414e.htm
for additional guidance.

Can someone fill me in?

Thank you!
-Bob

Bob Martel,System Administrator  I met someone who looks a lot like you
Levin College of Urban Affairs   She does the things you do
Cleveland State University       But she is an IBM
(216) 687-2214
bob at urban.csuohio.edu                                -Jeff Lynne