[Samba] Help! Settings in roaming profile are not "sticking"

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Jun 6 13:18:06 GMT 2005

> refuse to stay put if I move them. In the old setup, I had Outlook all set
> up nicely. Now, although it starts up it says it can't load, and exits.

I can't help you on the rest of your issues, but Outlook is particularly
weird, in how it was built.  Unless you've changed it, the default file
location is
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Personal Folders.pst

Local Settings is a directory that does not roam by default.  Odd that MS
built Outlook, arguably the critical app for many people for better or
worse, to put it's data in a non-roaming location.  But I guess that's their
way of saying "Use Exchange".