[Samba] [winbind] wbinfo -a fails

Pete Flynt peteflynt at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:09:26 GMT 2005

Hi list,

I have got a problem with winbind.
With wbinfo -g I can see every groups of my AD, wbinfo -u shows me every
user wihtout problems.
But when I try to verify a username%password with the wbinfo -a command, it
fails and says:

plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER (0xc0000064)
error message was: No such user
Could not authenticate user Pete%mypassword with plaintext password
challenge/respond password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER (0xc0000064)
error message was: No such user
Could not authenticate user Pete%mypassword with challenge/respond

What could be the problem?
I have joined the windows domain by RPC because ADS did not work for me, but
I think this should not be the problem.
I can authenticate on another AD that does not have OUs.

Is it possible that the problem can be related to the OUs?

Thanks in advance for any reply,
Pete