[Samba] SOLVED? HELP! After upgrade, can't get at my shares - correction

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jun 5 15:12:48 GMT 2005

On Sunday 05 Jun 2005 12:39, Anne Wilson wrote:

> My situation had much in common with Jim's but was not identical.  In my
> case only the client was moved to Mandriva 2005LE, the server remaining
> with samba 3.0.10,  In my case I could see the files in the shared
> directories, but could not write to them.

Sorry - confusion.  It was the nfs share attempt that behaved like that.
All samba attempts fail to connect, with an 'incorrect password' message or
'The file or folder smb://anne-linux.domain.name/homes does not exist',
depending on how I try to make the connection.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels