[Samba] Broken Samba in OS X. Any Alternatives?

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Sat Jun 4 16:51:44 GMT 2005

We all know that in Mac OS X 10.4, and in the upgrade 10.4.1, Apple
managed to break Samba. Now, I am at a great loss for remote
filesystem mounting. Not only is Samba broken, but NFS is
questionable (I can never seem to get rid of that "incorrect username/
password" error and retain read/write abilities). Also, I'm have
trouble with netatalkd for Debian. Are there any other filesystem
sharing systems that could work with OS X? I mean until Samba gets
fixed.

     Because of its continued use as a heating duct sealant, duct
tape now surrounds us. Time and exposure to high temperatures slowly
breaks duct tape down, and tiny particles drift into ducts where they
are eventually carried into the air. And so, duct tape is like God.
It's everywhere.
     --The Duct Tape Book editor, Tony