[Samba] UID of the windows Domain Administrator user?

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Sat Jun 4 14:27:06 GMT 2005

Fabio Muzzi a écrit :

>Hello Stéphane,
>
>Saturday, June 4, 2005, 2:02:28 PM, you wrote:
>

>SP> For joining a machine to domain, you must have a user with uid = 0.
>SP> But, begin with samba 3.0.11, the privileges can be used for use a other
>SP> user than root (uid = 0)
>SP> You can read more information in this pages :
>SP> http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/rights.html
>
>Yes, i have read this even if i have not yet tried it.
>
>What I have not understood is why do I *need* an user with a SID ending in
>500  (as  the  howto  says),  because  I  have never had one, and I had no
>problems  at  all. The howto says I need one, but id does not say why, and
>what happens id I don't have one.

I suppose can be cause problem in AD mode or with some communication
with windows server.

>SP> The "root" user is only used for that, but after joining a domain,
>SP> changing the SID cause no problem.
>
>You  say that I can change the SID of a domain user and the clients will not get
>confused by this change?

sorry, I changed the SID to 500 for my administrator account, not for
"root" user.
I cannot says if changing root account can make some problem.

--
Stéphane Purnelle <stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be>
Site Web : http://www.linuxplusvalue.be