[Samba] Easy and simple

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Jun 3 19:57:03 GMT 2005

Deleo Paulo Ribeiro Junior schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I have asked here, some days ago, how to have remote access to samba server. I wanted to access a samba server located in one city from another city.
>
> I was given some ideas including VPN, Tunelling, etc. I may say that I had a lot of problems (tons of rpm that do not work, guides to VPN that make references to broken links, etc) but I have found an easy and simple way to make it work.
>
> Take a look at
>
> http://www.aerospacesoftware.com/samba-ssh-tunnel-howto.htm
>
> It works very well and I am already using this solution in my clients...
>
> Deleo
nice done , but this are only small hacks,
i wont satisfy with larger networksetups....and
it a vpn tunnel too, so nothing new
but its good sombody made a help site it will be usefull anyway in a few
cases.
I used putty to tunnel many things so its very good stuff
but i wouldnt recommend it for samba, but for sure this works

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best Regards

robert_at_schetterer.org