[Samba] Easy and simple

Deleo Paulo Ribeiro Junior deleo at dprj.eng.br
Fri Jun 3 19:00:52 GMT 2005

Hello!

I have asked here, some days ago, how to have remote access to samba server. I wanted to access a samba server located in one city from another city.

I was given some ideas including VPN, Tunelling, etc. I may say that I had a lot of problems (tons of rpm that do not work, guides to VPN that make references to broken links, etc) but I have found an easy and simple way to make it work.

Take a look at

http://www.aerospacesoftware.com/samba-ssh-tunnel-howto.htm

It works very well and I am already using this solution in my clients...

Deleo