[Samba] Cannot share printer HP1012, using Ubuntu and Samba

Armis Upis mole at one.lv
Thu Jun 2 08:41:00 GMT 2005

Hello!
I have a big problem - I cann't share the printer HP1012. I am using GNU Linux
Ubuntu, I try to share the printer, using Samba (when I used RH9, then it was
very easy to share the printer and I hadn't any problem with sharing (except
PCL, but thats the other story)). So, can you tell me, whats the problem? I use
cups. My /etc/smb.conf file:

########## Printing ##########

# If you want to automatically load your printer list rather
# than setting them up individually then you'll need this
load printers = yes

# lpr(ng) printing. You may wish to override the location of the
# printcap file
; printing = bsd
; printcap name = /etc/printcap #the printcap in Ubunutu is located in
# /var/run/spool/printcap (or something like that)

# CUPS printing. See also the cupsaddsmb(Cool manpage in the
# cupsys-client package.
printing = cups
printcap name = cups

# When using [print$], root is implicitly a 'printer admin', but you can
# also give this right to other users to add drivers and set printer
# properties
; printer admin = @ntadmin

=========== Share Definitions =======================
[printers]
comment = All Printers
browseable = yes
path = /tmp
path = /tmp
printable = yes
public = yes
writable = no
create mode = 0700

[HP1012]
comment = HP LaserJet 1012
path = /tmp # not in /var/spool/samba
printable = yes
guest ok = yes
public = yes

# Windows clients look for this share name as a source of downloadable
# printer drivers
[print$]
comment = Printer Drivers
path = /var/lib/samba/printers
browseable = yes
read only = yes
guest ok = yes

someone adviced make simlink:
cd /usr/lib/cups/backend/
ln -n /usr/bin/smbspool smb
so I did, but no results...
I Also tryed to share folder (to check out whether the samba have problem), so
it work, but printer share don't...?:-(((
Somebody can help me?