[Samba] "Unable to display security information"

jkelly jkelly at CS.ColoState.EDU
Wed Jun 1 22:15:53 GMT 2005

Hello,

When adding a new printer it appears in the list and the administrator can add
the printer, but no one else can. The security tab for printers is coming up
with an error ("Unable to display security information") when we try to access
it from windows (via the printers and faxes area). This does not happen with
the printers that are already installed (it comes up like a normal windows
printer would). Is there something we need to add to the samba config to allow
us to change the security settings?

Thanks!
John