[Samba] printing totally broken

Chuck Theobald chuckt at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Jun 1 21:49:30 GMT 2005

Hi Jerry,

Looks like it is happening on all clients, though some behave at first.  No
smbd process appears to be gathering time too quickly, though one has a bit
of time for a user who is quite busy at the moment.  I am using point and
print with a new client, and some smbd's are collecting about a second
every few seconds or so.

Now, I got a dialog saying that two of my printers did not have the correct
drivers installed.  I am going through the Printers and Faxes share to try
to upload the drivers, but I get stony silence from my server.

I'd like to eliminate the simple stuff first:  What should the permissions
on the [print$] section path be?

Also, annoying side-effect of using printing = sysv
lauterbur{54}# tail smblog.smbd
                   request, since no record of it remains.
UX:lpstat: ERROR: "cni-hp-8150" already printed.
           TO FIX: You can't get any information about this
                   request, since no record of it remains.
UX:lpstat: ERROR: "cni-hp-2200" already printed.
           TO FIX: You can't get any information about this
                   request, since no record of it remains.
UX:lpstat: ERROR: "cni-hp-4500" already printed.
           TO FIX: You can't get any information about this
                   request, since no record of it remains.
lauterbur{55}#

Thanks,
Chuck

At 02:15 PM 6/1/2005, you wrote:

Chuck Theobald
System Administrator
The Robert and Beverly Lewis Center for Neuroimaging
University of Oregon
P: 541-346-0343
F: 541-346-0345