[Samba] Migration from smbpasswd files to Active Directory?

Ted Wisniewski ted at ness.plymouth.edu
Wed Jun 1 18:34:09 GMT 2005

All,

	Is there a way to migrate "smbpasswd" files, specifically, the nthash'ed
version of the password into Active Directory on a Windows 2003 server?

We are trying to expand our services to include things that depend on active
directory, however, we do not want create support problems for ourselves
while migrating to AD.  We currently have no problem creating users in active
directory using a PHP script.  But...   We do not have a clear text version
of their passwords, so we would like to use the NT/LM hashes stored via
samba.

Any Ideas?   Any way of doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Ted

--
| Ted Wisniewski                    E-Mail: ted at mail.plymouth.edu        |
| Manager, Systems Group            WEB:    http://oz.plymouth.edu/~ted/ |