[Samba] can't see share from win2000

Piotr Romanus promanus at ftml.net
Wed Jun 1 00:47:07 GMT 2005

I have a home network with samba running on my gentoo machine. The samba
share is visible to all my home machines (XP home edition and win95). My
work laptop (win2000) however, does not show the share in the network
neighborhood. When I try to connect to the share directly by typing \
\192.168.15.141\share_name in the run dialog win2000 displays the
following message:

"There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request".

Is there any samba (or win2000) settings that I can alter to fix this
problem?

Piotr