[Samba] Samba disconnecting over night

Michael Pacier pupuplate at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:48:37 GMT 2005

Hi,

First a warning, I've been using Fedora for a whole week now, so no noob has
anything on me.

I've been able to set up my home network using the Fedora box as a printer
and file server for 2 WinXP and 2 W2K machines. The problem is after a few
hours, Samba drops the connection. After a reboot, it comes right back. I've
done a bunch of web searches on this problem, and about the only thing I've
been able to find is that this is a problem from Samba 2.X. I have the
latest Samba version installed, what am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,
Michael