[Samba] Samba share file permission problems

=?big5?B?vkeocatD?= hcc at nspo.org.tw
Sat Jul 30 02:54:38 GMT 2005

Dear all:

Is it possible to set Samba share (and the files under the share) from =
Samba using setfacl?  I want to set up a common directory for certain =
group of people to read, write and execute it (user::rwx group::rwx).  I =
assigned user1 as the owner of all the files under this common directory =
and here is the thing:
when user2(or any other users in the same group) accessed any of the =
files, she becomes owner of the files and the group permission changes =
to read only so other people in the group cannot edit the same file.=20

Why is this happening?  Is it because it's not a good idea to use =
setfacl?  If so, is there any other tool to do it?  Thanks in advance =
for any help.

hc