[Samba] samba-vscan

Thomas M. Skeren III tms3 at fsklaw.net
Fri Jul 29 22:36:55 GMT 2005

Guido Lorenzutti wrote:

> Hi people, im using Debian Sarge with samba 3.0.14a. Im using tdbsam
> with 400 users.

Well, if you run without a gui then it would be tight.  With the gui I
doubt your users would be at all happy with performance.  I run all my
samba servers on FBSD without X.  I wouldn't try what your doing on FBSD
with those limited resources.

Recomend:

If this thing can run sata drives, do it.  Also plan ~ 5mb per smb
child....so that's 2.0GB Memory.  In actuality 1.5 GB should be enough.

TMS III