[Samba] Problem joining a samba domain

Anthony Hess tonyh at engr.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 29 16:58:13 GMT 2005

To update my post from yesterday.

I went ahead and exported an LDIF and here is what my machine account looks
like:

dn: uid=vpcpc$,ou=Machines,dc=engr,dc=arizona,dc=edu
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
cn: vpcpc$
sn: vpcpc$
uid: vpcpc$
uidNumber: 1007
gidNumber: 515
homeDirectory: /dev/null
loginShell: /bin/false
gecos: Computer
creatorsName: cn=sambaagent,ou=profile,dc=engr,dc=arizona,dc=edu
modifiersName: cn=sambaagent,ou=profile,dc=engr,dc=arizona,dc=edu
createTimestamp: 20050727223420Z
modifyTimestamp: 20050727223420Z
nsUniqueId: 861f2581-1dd211b2-804df911-84f2b358

So it looks like the idealx script is working, but the samba piece isn't
doing its part to complete the account.  Does Samba still not recognize
accounts that sit in another ou than the regular user accounts (I remember
this behavior was by design, but wasn't it changed?)?

Thanks,

Tony