[Samba] Samba, VPN, and Mac OSX 10.4.2

Brian Daniels bdaniels at fpoint.com
Fri Jul 29 16:42:41 GMT 2005

Keith Warno wrote:
> * <bdaniels at fpoint.com> [29/07/2005 1028EDT]:
>
>>We're having an odd problem with connecting to Samba shares over a VPN
>>with a Mac client.
>
> [...]
>
>>Brian Daniels
>

> Brian,
> curious -- which VPN client are you using?  I know there were issue w/
> Tiger and some versions of Cisco's client.
>
> Keith

We have tried both IPSecuritas and VPN Tracker on the client machines.
Both have the same errors.  A google on that error message suggests that
it is being generated in smbfs_smb.c in the Samba code.

One thing I forgot to mention - the Mac clients can connect without
problems to a WinNT server, VPN or local.  Dangit.

--
Brian Daniels